When your home is introduced to even small amounts of water, over time it is quite possible that you could develop a mold issue. Roof leaks, plumbing leaks, and other exposed areas can eventually cause mold to spread through the entire affected area. In less than 72 hours you may experience air quality issues that can cause some major health effects. So, it is vitally important that you get a grip on mold before it does further damage to your home and to your health.
Mold is actually present almost everywhere the air can reach. Mold is microscopic “spores” that are floating around in the air at all times. These spores are harmless in their normal state, but when introduced to moisture they can begin to grow and spread. They create “colonies” and, if left untamed, can spread quickly through and area creating lots of damage and a musty smell that is fairly distinguishable.
1) Air Quality Testing – Before the mediation process begins there needs to be proof that the toxicity levels in the air have reached a certain point. These test typically run about $700 on the low side, but our Restoration Care Team has our own proprietary air quality test that provides you with an incredibly detailed report of everything in the air. We suggest you do this test first and if it requires the more expensive test, then the money will be applied to have that test completed. If remediation is not required, this test will save you several hundred dollars and give you peace of mind.
2) Mold Damage Assessment – With state-of-the-art equipment, colonies of mold spores can be detected and any moisture that could potentially accelerate the growth. Identifying every area of mold growth and potential future growth is essential in containing and removing mold colonies.
3) Mold Containment – Our team will immediately cut off any air flowing through your house to stop the spread of mold. Spores can spread to other areas through your air conditioning and heating systems. They are highly trained in the processes and have the most efficient equipment to quickly stop any further spreading of mold and isolate contaminated areas.
4) Air Filtration – With powerful equipment known as Air Scrubbers, our experts are able to capture these microscopic spores from the air and filter them out. This process insures that the spores do not spread to other areas.
5) Removing the Mold – Sometimes mold can simply be cleaned from surfaces and no further repair is necessary. However, there are times that materials like drywall and carpeting will need to be removed. In extreme cases whole walls and framing will need to be removed to complete rid your home of out of control mold colonies.
6) Restoration and Reconstruction – There are many levels of mold damage and based on the severity of the mold problem our team will accomplish whatever task necessary to restore or completely rebuild areas affected by mold. Many times molds will present the opportunity to go ahead do that remodel you were wanting to do. Our reconstruction experts can handle your insurance claim, but they can also do anything additional that you want while they are there!
No matter what level your mold issue may be, The Good Contractors List’s Restoration Care Team is the group to call. We can handle everything from testing the air to make sure you even have a problem, to complete rebuilding and remodeling areas affected by mold. Give our Restoration Care Team a call today and don’t let this issue grow to unhealthy extremes.